Can you build a website quicker than you can build a wall?October 21, 2016 3:28 pm
You may build walls regularly but do you find the thought of building a website daunting? Are you concerned about how much time it might take for you to get started? Or if it is worth your investment?. If so, don’t worry you are not alone. In fact, over 320,000 tradespeople in the UK have yet to build their own website.
To bust the myth that setting up a website is difficult and takes ages, we set a bricklayer the challenge of building a wall faster than a web designer can build a website. Who are you backing team ‘techie’ or team ‘brickie’?
If showing you how easy is it to build a website is not convincing enough perhaps the following findings from our recent research1 may do the job:
- You can earn on average an additional £16,590 a year
- You can pick up an additional 21 jobs a year
- You can open up new opportunities outside your current location
- You can pull in from clients with a heavyweight budget
Sounds great doesn’t it?. Before you do get started though we wanted to offer you 4 top tips:
- Plan your website – you need to decide what your website will be for? Will you use it purely for contact information or will you showcase recent work you have completed. It is also important to think about what you would like your website to look like.
- Choose the right name for your website – the next thing you will need to do is choose your domain name(the name you want to call your website). Make sure your name is memorable and easy to spell.
- Shop around and get the right website provider – there are various retailers where you can buy your domains. In our world they are known as registrars. Each offer different packages and we would recommend you contact a few different providers to discuss your needs.
- Make sure you remember to renew your domain – once you have registered your domain, make sure you keep your registration up to date. Our handy renewal checker allows you to find out how long you have left before you must renew.
Do you still need convincing? If so, visit trade for information on how a website can help you promote your business.
1 Number of jobs and benefits based on responses from 1309 tradespeople who are business owners/decision makers who do have a professional website. Values arrived at by working out the median figure tradespeople with a website said they receive per job (on average) from their website and multiplying it by the average number of extra jobs they are getting as a result of having a site (£790 x 21).