In today’s #asktheukdomain video I answer the interesting question: “How can authors use social media to promote themselves and their work?”
I’ll show you the things that as a writer you should be doing and things you may want to think twice about doing on the main two social channels for authors; Facebook and Twitter.
These are summarised below.
• Your latest updates and news
• Behind the scenes content
• Writing tips and experiences
Think twice about sharing:
• Content that is too salesy
• Third party content on Twitter (content that’s not written by you)
• Content on politics
• Anything that won’t engage your followers